It’s really easy to embed recipes in posts or pages. Use the RecipePress reloaded button in the wordpress editor or use the shortcode
[rpr-recipe id=23 ]. You can also embed only the excerpt of a recipe.
Not really a bagel. More a Turkish roll. Yummy for breakfast or as a snack
For: 15 pieces
- 450 g wheat flour
- 1 pck baking powder (about 3 tsps)
- 80 g oatmeal
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 250 ml milk
- 100 g butter
- 2 tbsps honey or sugar
- 200 g sesame seeds
- 1 egg yolk
- Mix wheat flour, backing powder, oatmeal and salt. Then add 1 egg, milk, butter, honey (or sugar) and 150 g of sesame seeds. Mix until it's not sticky any more.
- Divide the dough into 15 portions and roll each until you have a string with a diameter of about 2 cm. Form each string to "bagel-shape".
- Heat the oven to 180 °C. Place the bagels on a tray with parchment paper. Whisk th yolk with a little water and spread over the bagels. Then sprinkle each with some sesame seeds.
- Put the tray into the oven and bake the bagels for about 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown.
They are tasty just plain or with butter, but also with jam, sour cream oder cheese.